March 30, 2010

Happy 11th Dakota

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAKOTA!







I just love this kid! Dakota was just a little one when I went to live with Carol and Steve in California. We bonded pretty quickly and he became my little buddy. I would come home from work and Dakota would come up to me and ask to jump with him on the trampoline. We would go out and I would pick him up and just start bouncing and he would just giggle! When Carol and Steve were doing the "Body For Life" they would have to get up at 6 a.m. to go to the gym, so I would listen for Dakota if he woke up crying. When he did wake up. he would come to the edge of the stairs and start wimpering. I would get out of bed, walk up the stairs, pick him up and bring him down to my room to sleep. He totally knew the routine.

I remember when Carol and Steve went on their cruise, my mom came to watch kids and I was in charge of Dakota. One night when I came home from work, Dakota was crying cause he missed his mom and dad. He was wearing his Batman mask and he had tears running down his face. I put him on my bed and went out and talk to my mom. When I went back in he was asleep. I went over to pull his mask off and without opening his eyes he stopped me and pulled it back over his eyes! I just started giggling.

Dakota just makes me laugh! He is funny and sweet and loves his family! He is fun to be around and is just cute! I am a lucky Auntie, that is for sure!

Love you Kota!

1 comments:

Lauren April 5, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

I seem to remember you always sneaking him spoonfuls of peanut butter too. I think that is another reason why he idolized you! :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP