March 14, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!






I have been looking forward to writing this for awhile now. It really isn't difficult to say a ton of nice things about Carol but I wanted to share just a bit more since it's her birthday and once again because it's my blog and I can do that.

I don't know if I could have asked for a better oldest sister. Carol has been a source a great strength in my life. I remember looking up to her when I was growing up and wanting to hang out with her and Michele because they were so cool. When I graduated into the single scene all I had to say was that I was "Carol and Michele's" little sister and I was immediatley accepted. She has always had lots of friends because of her kindess and love that she has and gives to others.

Carol has always been there to listen to me and to offer counsel and support. I remember being on my mission and getting her letters and it always seemed like whatever the scripture she sent me for the week, it was related to something I was dealing with at the time. She seemed to always be in tune with what I needed to hear. I am sure that it has been tough to feel somewhat of a responsibility for us, but Carol has never backed down from the task, instead she has magnified it and been a part of holding us together as a family. She set an example for me when she served her mission and was such a huge support when I went on mine. I always knew that if I was troubled, if I called Carol, she would make me feel better and give me hope, before the conversation was done. Carol is a true friend, a true example of someone who seeks to do what the Lord wants her to do, she is kind, loving, beautiful and overall just a truly wonderful person. I know that she continues to be a huge example in my life and I love her dearly. I am so grateful she married someone who could recognize what an amazing woman and mother she is. I am very blessed to have her as my sister!

Happy Bithday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday Dear Carol
Happy Birthday to you!

Love you tons!

Erin

2 comments:

Lauren March 14, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

So wonderfully said....wish i would have seen this before my blog post so I just could have copied it:)

The Clubb House July 24, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

I wish I were her...she sounds wonderful!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP