June 3, 2009

Duct Tape Fixes Everything

You will have to forgive me for the flood of updates that I will be doing! I have lots, so you're in for some fun reading!!!

A few weeks ago my sister Carol and I and her kids made a trip back to our hometown of San Jose, California. I was really nervous about driving my car. You see it is on it's last leg. The brakes aren't too good, the shocks are pretty much gone and my windshield seal is separating from around the edges causing air to seep in. I knew that we needed to be there and so I said a prayer that all would work out. I even prayed with Trestyn, Dakota and Jaxson the next day just to be safe.

So off we went and my car was doing fine till right before Lovelock. I could hear air seeping in getting louder and was in fear the windshield would come flying off. We stopped to get something to eat and my sister asked me what was wrong with my windshield. I looked and the rubber seal was coming off. I pressed it down and hoped it would hold on, but about 10 minutes after we started driving again, it was coming undone and I had to stop to put it back. I called my sister and asked her to stop in the next town that had a auto shop or repair place so we could see about fixing it.

So as we are driving along, I am thinking how much is this going to cost and how long will it take? I was worried that it would delay us, when all of a sudden a thought popped into my head! "Duct Tape!" "Duct Tape Fixes Everything!!" I got this clear vision of just sealing my window with duct tape! Memories of my dad using it to fix broken appliances, as a quick fix for broken toys, to wrap up a broken bone...o.k. that last one is not necessarily right, but he really did use it for lots of things!

I called my sister to tell her the news! We decided to just pull off at the next town (which was Lovelock) and find a store with the tape. We took the exit and within a couple of right turns we found an ACE hardware store!!! I mean how cool is that! I parked my car and hurried in the store and asked for a heavy glue and the ever wonderful super DUCT tape. I bought it and ran out and ripped over the package of glue and sealed the rubber down and then cover both sides of my windshield with the duct tape. After finishing I looked at my sister and said "Dad would be proud!"

We were on our way again and never had a problem after that. I made it to California and back with windshield intact!

I told Trestyn that Heavenly Father was listening to our prayers and provided a way for us to get where we were going and it was in the form a amazing, silver colored tape.




1 comments:

M June 5, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

Red-neck ingenuity at its finest:)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP