January 24, 2010

"You're doing What?"

January 24, 2010

I have always wanted to write a book. I think I am really good at telling stories. When I was a nanny in France the 2 girls that I watched had a difficult time getting to bed at night. The mom asked me to help with getting them to sleep, so I came up with the idea of telling them bedtime stories.

I would make them up as I went along, the only thing that was already decided was that the 2 girls were always in the story somehow and they got to pick what their names would be. Depending on how tired they were determined the length of the story. One time I went on for almost an hour, that was a test of my skills for sure. It was fun for both the girls and I to find out what would happen to the characters. I found that I just really loved it.

So fast forward to last year, after talking about writing a book forever I starting trying to come up with a subject idea. I wanted to write on something I knew about and could share funny stories about.

Well after many failed attempts to find a soul mate and future spouse last year, (and we're talking MANY), I decided that my crazy dating experiences from the past year would be my topic.

So that is what I am doing. I am writing a book about the men that I dated, liked, crushed on etc... and what I learned about men, dating and myself through the process. I've gotten most of my research done and now I'm just working on cranking it out.

It is scary, overwhelming, excited and fun to think about having it all finished and be available to be read by the public. The other funny thing is, is that I think most of the guys that I interviewed don't really think this book will come to light, that it was just something I came up with. Something that I used to find out the real truth. Well, I'll tell ya what, I'm really looking forward to the day when they see it's not.... ;) Wish Me Luck!!!!

3 comments:

Lauren January 24, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

Yeah, maybe they would ask more respectable if they knew their crazy antics would be published. I can't wait to read it!

Katie January 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

Hey I saw your blog off of MBP...Good luck with your goal. I love the header of your blog, so cute!

Esther Noelle January 25, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

Yeah! Can't wait to read it! It's going to be great!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP